Tuesday, August 31, 2010

better.

August 30, 2010 at 9:28 pm


More girls came today!!!!! Lauren, Hannah, and Janessa- all from Southern. Steph and I were so excited! We went a greeted them, helped them move in and then let them sleep. :) They only slept for a couple of hours, so we decided to take them in to Campo Verde and show them around. There were 7 of us all together, because the 2 guys came with us and we all crammed into one motocar… oh my it was a tight squeeze. When we returned we had some time to just get to know one another and chat about life, and I really enjoyed it. Then we played some Uno and 7up7down- 2 of my favorite games :) Today was a holiday here- some saint day, I don’t really know, but no one was working so we had a little fiesta/welcome dinner this afternoon. The Doc and his wife made some delicious food and then we had a little introduction- to the project and everyone just introducing themselves to each other and saying what our position was. After that, 23 of us crammed into the ONE pickup and went to a “lake” where we played volleyball and soccer and did some swimming. Let me tell you- 13 people in the back of one truck is intense, especially driving on dirt roads- I nearly died a few times I think. Haha :) but it was quite the experience and we all had a lot of fun.

It’s really beginning to look like this is going to be a good year. I think these girls are great, and we’re all going to get along very well. It makes the biggest difference ever to finally feel like we have a team and to not feel so alone. God is good, and I continue to pray for strength every day. This is a tough, but great, experience.

Well I’m super tired and tomorrow is another big day so I’m going to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment