Monday, September 13, 2010

unfathomable.

September 10, 2010 at 10:26
The pharmacy is finished! Finally! I thought I was going to be doing inventory for the rest of my life. That was such a big project. Much bigger than I had anticipated. Now I feel so accomplished, it looks so much better and it’s so organized.
We went to Pucallpa this morning as has been our tradition since we got here. Fridays seem to be a good day to take the afternoon off and go to the city. The market in Pucallpa is a happening place! Today was the first time I went to the big market in town and I have a funny story. We were shopping and I was standing waiting for the girls to buy some vegetables and this guy comes up to me and starts asking me where I’m from. He names all these random places like Canada and Australia and Germany. He goes on to tell me I look like the girls on the movies and I’m the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. I was laughing the whole time and I never did tell him where I was from. He moves along and we move on to buy the next thing we needed and then I see him walking toward us again. This time he tells Steph to watch as he serenades me right in the middle of the market. He starts singing at the top of his lungs and then he says something about me being his girlfriend and then walks off. It was quite hilarious. I can’t say I was flattered by his performance, but it makes for a good story. We found another good restaurant and another good place to get ice cream- which is very important. :)
I love Friday night because it’s the beginning of Sabbath. I just feel so peaceful on Friday night. However, this is the time when I really miss being home or being at Union. I miss vespers a lot and fellowshipping with my friends on Friday.
Sometimes I don’t know how I feel about being here. It’s kind of hard to explain. I feel like I’m just here, like I just go thru the motions sometimes. Tomorrow will be my 4th Sabbath here. That’s pretty crazy.
Tonight at supper we were discussing how big God is and the thought of him having no beginning, and trying to think about living forever and how God knows everything. All of those thoughts are so mind boggling. I have so many questions and I think sometimes I have mistakenly put God in a box. I think we have to realize that God is God and he’s a mystery. He’s so big and powerful and his love is completely, perfectly, HUGE. God has so much love, it’s unimaginable. At least for me. How awesome that we get to serve Him. I wish I could see him sometimes, or I could call him and we could just chat it up. I can’t wait for heaven. This morning I was reading in Ecclesiastes and 1 Corinthians and it was saying that we can’t even fathom what God has in store for us. What a mighty God we serve.
I’m falling asleep, so I guess that must mean it’s time I turn in for the night. :) Buenas Noches y Feliz Sabado.

No comments:

Post a Comment