Friday, September 24, 2010


September 21, 2010 at 11:03
I’ve been enjoying the past few days because they have been a bit less hectic than last week. It’s nice for a change. I’m trying to make the most of these days now, because I know once we start the big clinics days like this aren’t going to happen too often.
This morning we worked on the med list for the doc so he could see what we have and what we need to buy. I guess we are short on money for meds so we’ve been postponing medical clinics until we get more meds. So, if you feel so inclined to send your mission dollars our way it would be much appreciated! Not just for meds- AMOR Projects is an awesome place, and like any independent nonprofit organization it needs a lot of support from wonderful people like you! :) There are many needs here, and of course bills to pay and all that.
Steph and I ran into Campo this morning as well to buy a few more groceries and fresh produce. We found some good stuff. I’ve really been loving the papayas here and the pineapples, bananas and platanitos, and mandarins! Tasty :) I’m going to miss this fruit when I go back home.
After lunch I decided to make some cookies. I whipped up a batch of peanut butter oatmeal cookies and I have to say, they were pretty much delicious. :) I think I made around 40 something cookies and they were gone within 10 minutes I think. Haha. Then we made pizza for supper. We really like good food here. Tonight we decided to put hot peppers on the pizza because we’ve all been longing for hot food. Well, Steph was cutting the peppers and when she was done she went to blow her nose. However, she did not wash her hands before she touched her face and the juice from the pepper burned her poor little nose! We didn’t really know what she could put on it to help, but Shirley (the doc’s wife) told her to mix sugar and a little water and put that on her nose and it helped! So, I learned a new remedy to help a hot pepper burn. Haha.
There is a week of prayer going on at one of the churches some of the SM’s attend (we go to different churches) and so we’ve all been going to support our friends who are speaking this week. Toward the end of the meeting today someone came in and said there was a fire at a church member’s house. We all got up and ran as fast as we could toward the flames that were billowing from the roof. It was a kitchen fire. Thankfully the kitchen and the house were 2 separate buildings and thankfully no one was in the kitchen when the fire started. Unfortunately, the kitchen was a wood hut with a thatch roof so none of it survived. It was just so scary to watch it burn. It kind of made my stomach hurt. I just wished I could have done something but there is really nothing anyone could have done. I’m just so glad that no one in the family was hurt. I was sure someone was going to be badly burned and we were going to have to rush them back here and take care of them. And I’m not exactly a great burn nurse. Haha. So thank you Lord that everyone was safe. Many people came to help and eventually they did get all the fire put out, but I don’t know if any part of the building will be salvageable or if they will just have to start from the ground up…
Tonight Steph and I were working on a little birthday surprise for Mitchell. I guess I shouldn’t say anything until his birthday in case he’s reading this ;)
AND my parents called my cell phone tonight which was exciting anyway, but they told me that my dad is coming to see me at Christmas time!!!! :) :) :) I’m SO excited!!!! :)
Well, I’m pooped. I think the new missionaries are coming tomorrow morning early so that should be exciting to finally have our whole team here! On that note, I’m going to bed. Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment