Friday, September 17, 2010

clinic!

September 14, 2010 at 9:38pm
Ok, so yesterday I lied when I said we had our first clinic. Haha. That was nothing. TODAY was our first legit clinic! It was crazy. We saw 100 patients and did 2 minor surgeries! I was the pharmacist for most of the day while Steph took care of registering the patients. The doctor works so fast and his writing is a typical doctor’s. haha. It took some decoding to figure out what it said. But I think I’ve pretty much got it down now. A man came in today with a tumor on his forehead, so right there in the dirt we set up a little operating room and cut that sucker out. Haha. When we got it out it was about the size of a golf ball!!! The doc sewed him up and we gave him a shot in the butt and he walked out of there. The next surgery was on a 15 year old girl. She had a small tumor in her hand. It was a pretty deep one, so the doc had to dig around for it a little. I got to hold instruments in place for him and help him stitch her up, I felt like a for real assistant. Haha. After that I had to give her a shot and I think she may have tensed her arm when I stuck her because the shot made her cry like a baby. I felt so bad, she had been so brave thru the whole surgery, but I guess the shot just put her over the edge. :( There is still a lot to learn, but for our first clinic I feel like it went really well. I actually felt useful today and I feel accomplished! It’s a great thing. :)
Well, tomorrow we off to another place for another clinic- and I’m sure it will be another long day so I’m off to bed.
“whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..” col. 3:23
“for we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.” 2 cor. 2:15

1 comment:

  1. This is so amazing to read about all your experiences, love! How exciting :) Praying for you and Steph and that you'll have a peacefully Sabbath full of rest.

    ReplyDelete