Monday, September 13, 2010

reminisce.

September 11, 2010 at 11:35 pm
Sabbath can be a very hard day for me. I find myself missing home more than usual. There is something about Sabbath and the feelings and memories it holds from home and school that just makes it harder. But, I also find that God really helps me thru it. This morning we had church and everything I was just struggling and trying not to be sad. I gave my family a call this afternoon and cried while I was talking to them. We had to go back to the church for JA, Jovenes Adventista (Adventist Youth) and I didn’t really want to go. But when we went I was really blessed. All we did was play bible games and sing songs, but somehow it was refreshing for me. I can’t really explain it, but afterwards I just felt a lot better and happier. This evening we made popcorn and the guys bought us pop and we had a movie night! :) It was fun, we have a great group of people here. I feel lucky to spend the next 8 months with them.
I feel so blessed to have such a strong support group back at home. My parents are always telling me that people are always asking how I am doing and that they are praying for me. And I get little comments on my Facebook from my friends saying they miss me and they’re praying for me. Those things mean SO much to me. Thank you everyone. I really honestly could not do this without you. Just knowing that so many people care makes me want to stay here and do my very best. Of course, I want to do that anyway, but the support sure means a lot. And how wonderful that I have a great boyfriend also giving a year of his life to serve in Pohnpei. I’m just a lucky girl. :) I love all of you!
Today also marks 9 years since 9/11. Time really flies. We were talking today about what each of us was doing on 9/11 and how we remember it. Most of us were in school and didn’t really understand what was happening, but all of us remember it. I remember being scared because I didn’t know what was happening, but it was clearly a tragedy. I always think of the families of all those who died when the towers fell. I can’t even imagine….
I would really like a cinnamon knot from Conroy’s bakery in Lincoln, so if anyone happens to go there sometime, would you eat one for me? They’re only like 75 cents. :) haha. It’s funny the things you miss when you can’t have them. You begin to realize it is the little things that do make a big difference. Not just food, but places, people, just little things…

No comments:

Post a Comment