Friday, September 10, 2010

sing.

September 3, 2010 at 10:48 pm


I feel so close to God when I sing. It’s a feeling I can’t even describe- but it’s perfectly wonderful. Tonight all of us girls were in the other house just chillin’ and playing our ukes and guitar and we started singing. We sang for at least an hour. We picked our favorite hymns and praise songs. People would throw in a little harmony and just sing out so beautifully. It was perfect. I couldn’t think of a better way to start my Sabbath. I feel like all these girls are going to be life-long friends. Music just has a way of drawing people together. It was so peaceful and fun and oohhh I just loved every minute. Even though earlier today I was so mad about the internet not working because I wanted to talk to my parents and Mitchell. But now I just feel so happy and at peace. I love moments like this where I just feel good. God is good. :)

The rest of my day doesn’t even matter after tonight. It’s Sabbath now, and it’s a glorious day of rest. I’m so thankful for Sabbath. And I’m thankful I am where I am. I think I will make friends here that will last a lifetime. I miss everyone terribly, but tonight was a good night, and I’m focusing on the good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment