Monday, January 31, 2011

wwjd.

January 26, 2011
So- I have worms, parasites and now foot fungus!!!! OH GROSS!!! I can’t believe it. I hate feet anyway, but normally my feet are clean and cute and now I have foot fungus! Goodness, what is Peru going to do to me??
I need to pray for patience. Sometimes I think I get frustrated too quickly, and I need to work on my attitude with that. Living here has made me realize sooo many things, it’s good and depressing at the same time. It’s very interesting to see all of the things that I want and need to work on. Haha. Day by day, with God I can make it better. It sure is a challenge tho in so many ways. First, you have to admit that you have a problem with something. You have to say, “yeah, I could work on that a little bit.” And then you actually have to put it into action. Not just say that you need to work on your patience, but that you really NEED to PRACTICE it. That’s hard. Sitting around all day and making a list of things that you can improve on is the easy part. The hard part is changing your habits and making it happen.
This morning I was reading in Matthew 25 about what you do to the least of these, you do to me. It hit me that I have a really good opportunity living here to do that. Sometimes I lose that focus I feel and that makes me sad. For instance, yesterday we were excited that it was raining because in a way that means another day off for us- or at least an easy day. It’s just more convenient for us. When I thought about that it seemed so selfish to think that way. I don’t want to lose that focus of always being excited and willing to help others whenever; convenient for me or not. I want to be excited everyday to help people, because if Jesus was standing right here wouldn’t we behave that way? Wouldn’t we be on our best behavior all the time? Ready to do anything he asked?
Just another thing to think about…
As hard as this year has been for me, it’s also been a really great year in a lot of ways. I’ll talk about that more later- my computer is about to die and I’m tired. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment