Friday, January 7, 2011

returning.

January 3, 2011 at 10:08 pm
The first day back at work or school from break is always hard. I really don’t like it. But you gotta do what you gotta do. I was enjoying break so much and it’s been a really hard past few days trying to figure out how I’m feeling and just how to deal with it. This year is really stretching me and many times I wonder why I’m here and what I’m doing.
When we returned back to KM 8 Lauren was there waiting with a hug for each of us- it was really good to see her again. We swapped stories about break and then headed to work. Clinic was not that eventful- just the usual ear cleanings and shots and pills.
The rest of the day was pretty restful; we just moved ourselves back in and caught up on a few episodes of House. :)
Now I’m tired for some reason so I think I’ll read a bit and then go to bed. Oh, and thumbs down to bugs inside your mosquito net! But, thumbs up to a new food I tried tonight called juanes. I’m sure how you spell it, but it’s just rice and chicken wrapped and cooked inside a banana leaf then you unwrap it to eat it and it’s yummy. Also a new drink I tried called chappo. Don’t know how to spell that either but it’s blended up plantains and milk. Before you cringe too much, just trust me- it’s good. :) Those are the foods we tried tonight at a neighbor’s house. We ate with our friend Wendy and her mom and it was really fun!
Ok, for reals. Good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment