Tuesday, November 2, 2010

skype.

October 29, 2010 at 10:39 pm
Estoy muy feliz ahorita, porque yo hable con mi familia y mi novio y mi amigos este noche. Yo tuve un conversacion con mama de Steph en espanol tambien!
Skype is such a good thing!! And connections with people who have internet are even better! Here’s the long story short- SM vespers was tonight at UC and so they wanted to skype us. Skype is kinda a luxury here, so we searched high and low for someone with reliable internet. The people at Peru Projects were gone this weekend and the other person we know with internet was gone this week as well. Steph and I were starting to feel very disappointed, but then we remembered one more person. He helped us out after the boat incident. His name is Steve and he works at the DA office in Pucallpa. I don’t really understand what they do there, but it’s an American base and they are all very nice. We called him up and he told us we could use their internet! :) So, I made him cookies and wrote a little thank you card for him and we got to go over there this afternoon and skype for like 4 hours! It was so great. :) Mitchell, my parents, Steph’s parents and a few of our friends at UC! :) I miss home a lot now tho. Sometimes it makes it harder to see everyone… But I loved every second of it. God is good, and I’m so thankful. :)
Well my computer is about dead and I’m really tired so I’m headed to bed! Good night all. Happy Sabbath!
Oh, one more quick story- I was outside doing my ab workout this morning and 2 of our guard dogs came up beside me and started licking me a walking all over my yoga mat! Then one of them- the big Rottweiler, Rufo- peed on my yoga mat!!!! I was so mad and I whacked him on the head and then he put his big slobbery mouth all over me! gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment