Tuesday, November 23, 2010

moving.

November 16, 2010 at 10:54 pm
This morning we packed our bags to head to KM 8. We’re living there now…. I’m a little bitter about it to be honest. I don’t want to move, but here I am. I guess we all do things we don’t want to do.
Today was our first day of clinic because no patients showed up yesterday so we just left early. There were 8 of us and the new doctor. Her name is Cecilia and she’s very nice. She speaks Spanish fluently and English really well so I feel very lucky. We got to unpack all of our meds into the new pharmacy and it’s really great- it looks awesome. We have shelves and everything to put our meds on! We saw 87 patients today, which was a nice slow day compared to when we work with Dr. Matthews!
Now for story time- Lauren, Caleb, and I went to pick up some food for lunch and it was quite the adventure. The doctor took the truck so we only had the crazy van. It’s super hard to drive and it’s just always an adventure to take it anywhere. Well, we got it started and drove out to the main road in front of KM 8. We decided to park it there and walk to the restaurant because lately the brakes have been rather sketchy. We got the food and brought it back and then realized that we were going to have to back it up to get out of the place where we had parked… Picture this- all three of us in the front, I’m in the middle holding bags of juice and soup and Lauren is next to me with a big tray of plates loaded with food for everyone. Caleb is trying to wrestle the van into reverse with no luck at all. After about 7 minutes of trying to get it in reverse we gave up. Caleb told me to put my foot on the clutch and make sure it stayed in neutral and he told Lauren to hold onto the wheel so he could push it back. So I stuck my long leg over to the other side and held the clutch down. It all worked out actually and a nice man came and helped Caleb push. haha  Next story- we start sorting out all of our things to take to our respective rooms and guess who was in our room to greet us? Mr. Man Eating Spider!! Wonderful. And the worst part of it is I don’t think we killed him. He was sitting on a plastic bag that was hanging from a nail so we couldn’t really smoosh him… I’m a little paranoid to go to sleep tonight.. Third story- I took a shower with about 2 gallons of water or less. You should really try it sometime.
Well, we have an early start tomorrow so I’d better head to bed. Buenas Noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment