Sunday, October 3, 2010

sutures

September 28, 2010 at 12:47 am
Well it’s way too late for me to be up and my battery is about to die, so I’ll try to make this short and sweet-
I got to suture my first patient today. It was a little boy who had been attacked by a dog. I sewed up a cut on his shoulder blade.
We took a lady’s toenail off and I sacrificed my hair rubberbands to put around her toe so that it wouldn’t bleed everywhere.
We saw 168 patients from about 10 in the morning till 5, with only 30 minutes for lunch. Half of those lunch minutes I was sewing up the kid… we stopped clinic early because Dr. Dianne and Mary left this evening and we had to take them out to the airport.
We crammed 13 people in the truck with all of our supplies.
I counted and cut pills for like 4 hours tonight…
We have a huge day ahead of us tomorrow.
I need a back rub.
With God, all things are possible. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment