Monday, October 25, 2010

Christmas!

October 18, 2010 at 10:17 pm
This morning Lauren and I got up at 5… We had to make breakfast, but neither of us had showered since Sabbath morning so we really needed a shower! Haha. Let me tell you, 5 in the morning is a terrible time to shower here! It was soooo cold! But that woke me up and then we headed over to make breakfast. I made 70 something biscuits and Lauren made gravy and fried some potatoes. I cut up a papaya and we had other fruit out- it was quite the feast! The rest of my morning consisted of cleaning and getting the place ready for our visitors. Steph and I also went to Pucallpa with our friend Lucho because he’s really sick and we needed to have a blood test done that could only be done there. When we got back it was pouring down rain here! We were preparing supper in the other house and it was so loud! A lot like the first big rainstorm we had, but this time it was longer and louder. And we have a seriously leaky roof in the kitchen so there was pretty much a lake in the middle of the floor. After dinner we had Christmas with the AWESOME boxes that my parents sent down!!! It was the best part of my whole day! The boxes were loaded with most everything that we had lost and then some!! It was perfect. But now I miss my family even more. :( Thank you soooo much mom and dad for everything- it was absolutely amazingly perfect. And thank you sooo much everyone who has been so supportive thru this whole thing and for the financial help to get everything and get it down here to us. I appreciate it more than you know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment