Sunday, October 3, 2010

bangin'.

September 29, 2010 at 11:22 pm
Bangin’ is my new word. I’ve probably been using it to much. Haha. This food is bangin’, the clinic is bangin’… I like to use it in place of boring words like good or great. Haha :)
Anyway, I’m so tired and I can’t ever seem to get to bed at a decent hour. Then when I do get to bed I always want to blog so that I don’t forget what happened today. So, the first thing I did at clinic was redress the lady’s toe from yesterday. The dressing was a little bit stuck, and I felt bad when I took it off cuz I know it hurt her. But I redressed it and told her to come back tomorrow for us to look at it again. Then Lauren and I scraped a wound. This lady was in a motocar accident like 6 weeks ago and has a huge wound on her thigh that had gotten infected. We’ve been treating it every day and it’s looking a lot better than it did before! I still don’t love big burn-looking wounds, but it doesn’t really bother me anymore. That’s what I like about all this great experience- I get to see and do so much and it’s helping me overcome a lot of my fears or things that used to make me feel funky. Then I was just in the pharmacy the rest of the day. It was really busy, but we did get caught up in time to eat lunch, so that was good. After lunch, the doctor got a phone call about the jungle on our property being on fire. So we quit early and packed up quick and headed home. We had no idea what to expect, but all of us put on jeans and long sleeves and soaked ourselves in water and then went out to help fight the fire. Crazy the things you do as a missionary. Nurse/Pharmacist by day, firefighter by night. None of the blazes were too big, and the chicos pretty much had everything under control. We were out there for a while so by the time we were ready to come back it was dark and so we all climbed on the tractor and trailer that the guys took out there with a huge tank of water on it. Well, you have to understand how thick this jungle is- it’s sooo thick, everywhere you look it’s just dense trees and greenery. So when we were driving back I almost got my head cut off by a tree, but thankfully Daniel yelled at me just in time, it still got my ponytail tho and maybe a little hair. Haha.
Well, since I have to get up in 5 hours and 23 minutes I’m going to head to bed now. I think that’s all my exciting stories for the day anyway.
Good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment