Wednesday, December 8, 2010

beyond.

December 7, 2010 at 7:44
Do you remember your mom teaching you that it’s good to go above and beyond the call of duty? It’s really good advice, but that attitude takes a lot of practice! Our clinic is open from 8-1, but today it went till 4:45 and we had a health class to teach at 5. Fortunately, or unfortunately, no one showed up on time so we had about 45 minutes to prepare. We ended up teaching 3 teenage girls, and it was really good. They participated in conversation and seemed excited to learn. And it was a good opportunity to try and explain things in Spanish… Harder than it sounds.. haha :)
About mid day, a pregnant lady came to the clinic and Cecilia taught me how to feel for the baby and find the back to listen to the heartbeat. It was super AWESOME. Pregnancy intrigues me, I just can’t wait for OB! :) That was probably our most interesting thing of the day. I gave a lot of shots too. One girl was really scared and I told her to relax and it was going to be fine and by the time I’d said it I was done with the shot and she didn’t feel a thing. I’m getting to be a pro. :) haha I got to help get puss out of an infected boil looking thing. Pretty gross. Oh, and yesterday we cleaned a little girl’s ear and got a TON of wax out of it. I’m always so impressed by those. They must feel sooo much better. I know I would!
So tonight Stephanie comes waltzing down the hall calling my name, so of course I answer. I was sitting, writing to Mitchell, minding my own business. She walks up to me and drops a HUGE bug on my computer and it was STILL ALIVE!! I definitely screamed at the top of my lungs. Then my friend Chris came in with his camera to get some video footage so she did it again! REALLY REALLY hate big bugs!!!
That’s about all the excitement I can think of. Tomorrow we’re going souvenir shopping because Lauren wants to get some Christmas presents for her family. That should be a good time.
11 days till dad gets here!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment